Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My First Post!

Hello Everybody!
This is my first blog and I think I'm going to give this whole blog thing a try. I recently got more seriously involved with photography and I'd like to take it to the next level. I've been photographing the Heidelberg University football games and I've been having a lot of fun with that! I love watching football and since my days of playing football are over, I like being back on the field watching the games instead of being up in the stands! I've come back with some really cool images and I like taking them into Lightroom and really having fun with them and turning the images that I took during the game and really making them my own! To go a long with that, I've also learned that one of my photos will be used as the front cover on their program for the game against Capital which will be this coming Saturday (October 12, 2013). I'm really excited to go to the game and check out the program. This will be my first photo that will actually be used by someone other than family. Very honoring. 
Now ow that I'm getting more involved with photography. I am also trying to explore other genres of photography such as portraits. I do like taking portraits and making people look good in front of the camera. I've done a couple people so far and I like it! I'm not so good at the posing part but I do like experimenting and trying to make it work on the fly. 
As as far as gear goes, I am shooting with a Canon 60D with a 50mm f/1.8 and a 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and I am able to do just about everything with those 2 lenses. I am working on purchasing my lighting set up. I am going to try to keep it simple and do a one speedlight set up. I am going with a Yonguou 560-II with Cactus V5 triggers and a shoot through umbrella. I think that will be the extent of my gear for a while until I get really good with those. 
Its interesting, I didn't think I would have much to say on my first post but I actually do have a lot to say. Like I said I have just recently gotten more heavily involved in photography and I have been reading a lot of blogs and watching loads of videos online trying to figure all this stuff out. From the very basics of the exposure triangle to posing and lighting techniques. Now all I need to do is practice. I am always looking for models and people for me to practice on. I have 2 great dogs who let me photograph them whenever I want to and they just sit there and let me take hours on end trying to figure out what I'm doing. 
Thanks for reading, if anyone is reading this... Haha

3 comments:

  1. I am reading it :-)... good job. You are finally putting into practice everything I taught you... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I hope you continue taking those exciting pictures. you remind me of me when I was your age

    ReplyDelete